Survival Guide Under Capitalism
- ► 2011 (28)
- ► 2010 (95)
- Sinhaya Oba - A song tribute to Gotabaya Rajapaksa...
- Ranil Wickramasinghe accepts GSP conspiracy agains...
- The reality of Anarkali saga
- The Myth About Money
- The Failed Nation
- Smart Employee in Open Economy
- එපා රජ කුමරියක මට
- The political reading of American Idol
- Finger licking Murali
- prabuddha - Mahagama Sekara
- Rise and fall of Swarnavahini – part 1
- Mission Accomplished
- Capitalism in voting system
- Great sayings by Albert Einstein
- හෙලයන්ගෙ අලි මිනිස් සහජිවනය
- Namo Thassa...... - Rhythmic chanting clip
- ▼ September (16)
- ► 2008 (50)
Popular feature posts
- Mind your (own) English accent - The facts and myths - Part 1
- The Majority Vs Minority
- Guerilla Marketing: Mirror of Sri Lankan politics
- USA - The living hell of the world
- The rise and fall of Royal-Thomian-Bridget era
- Manipulation of media in the marketing society
- Vinitha Vs Nimmi
- The Law: Roman-Dutch mismatch in Sinhala Buddhist society
- Astrology: The mental tail of Sri Lankan society
- Buddhist economics theory – A practical approach
Popular politics posts
When Anarkali was given nomination by PA for the Sourthern Provincial election, LankaRising posted a small article titled “dakune meharkge chanda ganna menna piduru mitiyak “. You may have interpreted the content differently depending on the glasses you wear. Now president Rajapaksa himself has disclosed justifying the argument that Anarkali is mere a bundle of hay intended to get the votes of bulls and donkeys in the Gall district.
Most people measure money by time. They believe that by working more hours they make more money.
Not a chance.
And it’s a perspective that’s hard to overcome. I’m telling you though, that the quality of your life depends on you overhauling your mind on this very important matter.
There are easy economic indicators to identify a failed nation. Countries having more expenditure than earning are going to be failed in the long run.
Def: Current Account of the country
The balance of trade is the difference between a nation's exports of goods and services and its imports of goods and services, if all financial transfers and investments and the like are ignored. A nation is said to have a trade deficit if it is importing more than it exports. (Wiki definition)
කුස ගිනි හදුනන
දහ බිදු අගයන
මනු කතක මිස
එපා රජ කුමරියක මට
The LankaRising blog was initiated with the very first post titled “Let my country awake” on July 25, 2007 which was a weak after government security forces had captured Thoppigala, the last LTTE terrorist strong hold in the Eastern Province.
- In order to be an immaculate member of a flock of sheep, one must above all be a sheep oneself.
- Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind.
- Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.
- I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation and is but a reflection of human frailty.
- Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
- If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
- True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness.
- Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
- Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.
- Sometimes one pays most for the things one gets for nothing.
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
- Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
- Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- The only source of knowledge is experience.
- I shall never believe that God plays dice with the world.
- The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.
- Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.
- No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it.
- Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
- One strength of the communist system of the East is that it has some of the character of a religion and inspires the emotions of a religion
- It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education.
- It is the supreme art of the teacher to awaken joy in creative expression and knowledge.
- The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
- It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
- I believe that a simple and unassuming manner of life is best for everyone, best both for the body and the mind.
- Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
- A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
- If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- Imagination is more important than knowledge.
- The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
- I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.
- A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
- I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious.
- Anger dwells only in the bosom of fools.
- The environment is everything that isn't me.
- I never think of the future - it comes soon enough.
- If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?
- I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
- Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.
- A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
අපි බොහො වෙලාවට අද අහන්නෙ අලි මිනිස් ගටුම් ගන. නමුත් හෙලයනුත් අලිත් මෙම බිමෙ කාලන්තරයක් එකට සහජීවනයෙන් ජීවත් වෙලා තියෙනව. අපිව ත්රගයකට දුවවන්න සුද්ද පුරුදු කරවන්න කලින් පොඩි පොඩි ගටුම් නොවුන නෙමේ. අපි එව්ව විද දරගත්තෙත් හරිම සුන්දර විදියට.
I frequently visit buddhist cultural center located at Nedimala, Dehiwala. I was fascinated by the cerenity of the environment and the light backgound music and chantings. I recently found that the same chanting is played on their web site. I managed to download the audio clip and thought of sharing with all of you. Listen and see the serenity that it will bring into your mind.
The audio clip is shared here.....
You may also listen to this rhythmic chanting on line by visiting web site of buddhist cultural center of Sri Lanka.