This is the reality of all advertisements..... They try to fool you....They think you can be fooled. Do you buy products of companies that trying to fool you by their advertisements?
Survival Guide Under Capitalism
- ► 2011 (28)
- ► 2010 (95)
- Reality of advertiesements
- dakune meharkge chanda ganna menna piduru mitiyak
- Think twice before forwarding next E-Mail
- Never fall into the trap of 'Flexible Hours' !
- Learning to Be Silent (A Zen story)
- සපත්තු (An excerpt)
- Veddha of modern era
- Interesting points on today's election results
- Jaffna municple council – The tear drop of democra...
- ▼ August (9)
- ► 2008 (50)
Popular feature posts
- Mind your (own) English accent - The facts and myths - Part 1
- The Majority Vs Minority
- Guerilla Marketing: Mirror of Sri Lankan politics
- USA - The living hell of the world
- The rise and fall of Royal-Thomian-Bridget era
- Manipulation of media in the marketing society
- Vinitha Vs Nimmi
- The Law: Roman-Dutch mismatch in Sinhala Buddhist society
- Astrology: The mental tail of Sri Lankan society
- Buddhist economics theory – A practical approach
Popular politics posts
දකුනෙ කියල නෑ කොහෙත් හරක් ඉන්නවනෙ. ඇපෙ මහ රජනො මෙ දවස් වල 2/3 සිහිනයක පාවෙනව. ඉතින් එකට දකුනෙ ඉන්න හරක් ටිකගෙ චන්ඩ ටිකත් එකතු කරගන්න ඔනනෙ. දකුනෙ ඉන්න වහු පටවුන්ටඉ නාකි මී හර්ක්ටය් මෙන්න තනකොල මිටිය එක්ක හොඩ නෑම්බියක්. හමෙ පොත්තෙ පාට බලල කතිරෙ ගහන්නඉ තියෙන්නෙ. ඵ්රතිපල දවසට ගනිමු මී හරක් සහ වහු පටවු දකුනෙ කොcච්ර ඉන්නවද කියල.
What else do you expect from this sookiri badilla?
PLEASE READ & THINK…….
It’s half past 8 in the office but the lights are still on…
PCs still running, coffee machines still buzzing…
and who’s at work? Most of them??? Take a closer look…
All or most specimens are ??-something male species of the human race…
Look closer… again all or most of them are bachelors…
and why are they sitting late? Working hard? No way!!!
Let’s ask one of them…
Here’s what he says… “What’s there to do after going home… here we get to surf, AC, phone, food, coffee.. that is why I am working late…
importantly no bossssssss!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the scene in most research centers and software companies , and other off-shore offices.
Bachelors “time-passing” during late hours in the office just because they say they’ve nothing else to do…
Now what are the consequences… read on…
“Working”(for the record only) late hours soon becomes part of the institute or company culture.
With bosses more than eager to provide support to those “working” late in the form of taxi vouchers, food vouchers and of course good feedback, (oh, he’s a hard worker… goes home only to change..!!).They aren’t helping things too… To hell with bosses who don’t understand the difference between “sitting” late and “working” late!!!
Very soon, the boss start expecting all employees to put in extra working hours.
So, My dear Bachelors let me tell you, life changes when you get married and start having a family… office is no longer a priority, family is…
and that’s when the problem starts… because you start having commitments at home too.
For your boss, the earlier “hardworking” guy suddenly seems to become a “early leaver” even if you leave an hour after regular time… after doing the same amount of work.
People leaving on time after doing their tasks for the day are labeled as work-shirkers…
Girls who thankfully always (its changing nowadays… though) leave on time are labeled as “not up to it”. All the while, the bachelors pat their own backs and carry on “working” not realizing that they r spoiling the work culture at their own place and never realize that they wuld have to
regret at one point of time.
* So what’s the moral of the story?? *
* Very clear, LEAVE ON TIME !!!
* Never put in extra time ” *unless really needed *”
* Don’t stay back un-necessarily and spoil your company work culture
which will in turn cause inconvenience to you and your colleagues.
There are hundred other things to do in the evening..
Learn a foreign language…
try a sport… TT, cricket………
importantly Get a girl friend or gal friend, take him/her around town…
* And for heaven’s sake net cafe rates have dropped to an all-time low (plus, no fire-walls) and try cooking for a change.
Take a tip from the Smirnoff ad: *”Life’s calling, where are you??”*
Please pass on this message to all those colleagues And please do it before leaving time, don’t stay back till midnight to forward this!!!
ITS A TYPICAL SRILANKAN MENTALITY THAT WORKING FOR LONG HOURS MEANS VERY HARD WORKING & 100% COMMITMENT ETC.
PEOPLE WHO REGULARLY SIT LATE IN THE OFFICE DON’T KNOW TO MANAGE THEIR TIME.
The pupils of the Tendai school used to study meditation before Zen entered Japan. Four of them who were intimate friends promised one another to observe seven days of silence.
On the first day all were silent. Their meditation had begun auspiciously, but when night came and the oil lamps were growing dim one of the pupils could not help exclaiming to a servant: "Fix those lamps."
The second pupil was surprised to hear the first one talk. "We are not supposed to say a word," he remarked.
"You two are stupid. Why did you talk?" asked the third.
"I am the only one who has not talked," concluded the fourth pupil.
(This is an excerpt from whiledliving blog)
පහුගිය දවසක මම සපත්තු ජෝඩුවක් ගන්න කඩේට ගිහින් ආවෙ හිස් අතින්. හිතට හරියන එක සපත්තුවක්වත් එතන තිබුණෙ නෑ.
මෙච්චර කාලයක් මම දාපු එක සපත්තුවක්වත් මගේ කකුලේ හැඩයට ගැලපුණේ නෑ. එක්කො ඇඟිලි තියෙන හරිය රවුම්. නැත්තං හතරැස්. දැන් කඩවල් වල තියෙන්නෙ කඩු දාන්න හදපු කොපු වගේ උල් සපත්තු. කාලයක් තිබුණ හිමේ යද්දි දානව වගේ උඩට නැමුණු සපත්තු. ඒ එක්ක අඩිය අඟල් එක හමාරක් විතර උස සපත්තු. වතාවක් තෑග්ගකට හම්බවුණ ඒ වගේ සපත්තු දෙකක් දාපුවම කකුල්වලට නොයෙක් අමාරුකම් දැණෙන්න ගත්ත.
Read full post @ whiledliving blog....
I have never hunt for meat in my life. We are part of this forest and nature. How can I kill and eat flesh of a animal who is part of mother nature ?
- Vannilattho (The leader of Veddha tribe of Sri Lanka)
Ref: Sunday Lakbima news paper, page 8, Aug 15 2009)
Why UPFA lost in Vavunia even when winning whole Eeastern province and Jaffna?
- Vavunia is the capital of INGO activities of Sri Lanka. People of Vavunia is highly influenced by INGO activities (campaigning, direct and inderect earnings etc..). Therefore until INGO agents are active and spending Krones, Pounds and Dollars in Vavunia, they will decide the political direction of the area.
Uva Provincial council election:
For UNP -
- UNP only managed to get 129,144 votes (22.32%) of total votes in Uva province while UPFA get mammoth 418,906 votes (72.39%)
- UPFA won 25 out of tatal of 34 seats of the Provincial council. This is well over 2/3 of the seats even with propotianate voteing system.
- UNP (Ranil Wickramasinghe) won the Badulla district in last presidential election, but lost this time in huge margin.
- UNP managed to von only 9.9 % of while UPFA secured 87% of postal vote in Monaragala. This clearly shows government servents have full faith with UPFA government and no longer support UNP.
- Total number of the UNP votes in Monaragala district is less than the individual count of votes for UPFA in any of individual electorate in Monaragala district
- Considering the pathetic defeat of UNP, JVP could have easily become the second force in Monaragala district if they did not derail from progressive politics. Unfortunately, it happend to be a lost-lost situation for both UNP and JVP.
- Mr. Sashindra Rajapaksa has won the higest percentage of the total preferential votes in Sri Lankan election history.
- While only ardent UNP supporters voting for UNP and only ardent carders of JVP voting for JVP, the majority common people have collectively accept and supported Mahinda Chinthanaya.
- http://www.slelections.gov.lk/pro08082009.htm Read more...
In order to achieve their main political objective, which is to divide the country, the LTTE terrorists have killed a plethora of Tamil leaders and civilians. It all started with killing of then Jaffna mayor Mr. Alfred Doreappa.
Mr. Alfred Doreappa (1975)
The leader of the LTTE, Prabhakaran, a mono-ethnic megalomaniac, has boasted that he himself killed the Tamil mayor of the Jaffna municipality, Mr. Alfred Doreappa, a respected democratic politician, in 1975.
Mrs. Yogeswaran (1998)
Yogeswaran was a member of the Tamil United Liberation Front. In 1997, she was elected mayor of Jaffna, the first elected mayor in 14 years.
Mrs. Yogeswaran was shot five times with a pistol near her Jaffna home on May 17, 1998. She died on the way to hospital. A group calling itself the Sankiliyan Force claimed responsibility. It is believed the LTTE was ultimately responsible. They had assassinated her husband, V Yogeswaran, in 1987.
P. Sivapalan (1998)
Sivapalan succeeded Sarojini Yogeswaran as mayor of Jaffna after she was assassinated in 1998 by the LTTE. Like Yogeswaran, Sivapalan belonged to the Tamil United Liberation Front (TULF). He too was assassinated, on September 11, 1998, when a mine exploded in the Jaffna city council chambers with Sri Lanka Army Jaffna town commander, Brigadier Susantha Mendis and his Principal Staff Officer (PSO), Captain Ramanayaka. Later it was identified as a Claymore bomb attack and the LTTE was believed to be responsible.
Following Sivapalan's death, the Jaffna mayoral office had been officially dissolved and has remained under the purview of the Government Agent of the Jaffna district.
They all were victims of fascism of LTTE. After defeating LTTE terrorism, the Mahinda Rajapaksa government has step up to restored democracy by conducting local government election. It is our duty to remember all those scarified their lives on a historical day that democracy is restored in Jaffna peninsula.
- RESULT OF LOCAL AUTHORITIES ELECTIONS 2009 - JAFFNA MUNICIPAL COUNCIL